Today is Butterfly Cards! It feels so strange to be halfway through the month but not halfway through the 30 Cards in 30 Days Challenge. How many cards have you made so far? I’ve made 2 of each card so far so I’m really adding to my stash. This makes me very happy 😁
For day 9’s Butterfly Cards I used the Floating & Fluttering Set from the January – June 2021 Mini Catalog, but it is, in fact, retiring so I’m inking it up today. I hadn’t used the Quite Curvy Stamps & dies either so I incorporated them into my card. I can see the stamps and dies are retiring as they are not appearing in the 2021 – 2022 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog (linked for you to download on or after May 4th, 2021)
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Butterfly Cards Instructions
(All Products linked Below)
Cutting your cardstock:
- Cut a side folding A2 (5-1/2 X 4 – 1/4) size card from any white cardstock.
- You will need 2 pieces of White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8)for your card front and another for your card insert.
- True Love Designer Series Paper
- Silver Foil Cardstock
Stamping & Coloring:
- Stamp the butterflies with Versamark ink then heat emboss with black embossing powder. I use the retired Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder but I did link some below for you. You will have to decide which one you want as I have not used any of them. Let me know which ones are your favorite. NOTE: I snipped off the sprig/leaves and used them on the inside (shown below)
- Now, repeat the above process again so you have a second larger butterfly. This is the one you will color and place over the black and white butterflies later.
- Next, you will want to color one of the butterflies (as shown in the photo), If you choose to color with alcohol ink markers or blends like I did, be sure NOT to touch the embossing or it will bleed. Alcohol melts the embossing powder, even after it is heat set.
- Stamp the sentiment (Quite Curvy Stamps – place the sentiment on your block straight rather than curvy as intended) on a scratch piece of white cardstock and fussy cut it to be very thin. Then cut a piece of silver foil cardstock slightly larger than the sentiment strip to create a mat for it.
- Now stamp the word MILLION on the inside of the card with Melon Mambo, then using a stamp positioning tool stamp again with versamark so you can apply Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder. This will make the sentiment pop and match the other heat embossed elements on your card.
Die Cutting & Embossing:
- Use the matching dies to cut out your butterflies. If you pick up the bundle you will save some money. Don’t forget this set is retiring so you may want to grab it before it’s gone. If it sells out there is no guarantee Stampin’ Up! will restock it.
- For the sprig/leaves I die cut them from the background paper I showed you how to make in this post.
- I chose to emboss with card front with the retired Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder but you can choose any folder you like.
- You can die-cut the shape on the left side of the card with the Curvy Dies.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Once you have glued your elements down to your card front tie some Glittered Organdy Ribbon around the front. Then place the sentiment on top of the ribbon.
- Place your colored butterfly over top of the black and white ones with a dimensional.
- Voila! You’re all done. Easy Peezy 🥰
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3