It’s Friday and it’s Day 2 of the 30 Cards in 30 Days! Are you on card 2 with me? Or will you be playing catch up this weekend? Day 2 is 3D/Shaker Card. That’s it. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy! What will you be?
30 Cards in 30 Days Challenge- Day 2
I chose 3D/Shaker Card as the theme so I could get to stamping my Jar of Flowers Stamp Set! It’s been a hot minute since I got this set last June and started making this card, but my punch was broken. Would you believe the replacement on was broken too? Of course, I didn’t realize this until I went to use it recently. So I called Stampin’ Up! and as usual, they fixed the issue. I actually learned something new when I called. Stampin’ Up! guarantees their punch for 200 punches (depressions). I was so happy!! So it didn’t matter how long I had the punch they replaced it as they said it was not likely I had punched it 200 times yet. Gotta love their product policies! Have you had issues with your Jar Punch? If so contact Stampin’ Up! to get a replacement. You’re welcome 😊💕
***FYI: This set is NOT retiring. I had made the card a few days before the retiring list came out.
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Jar of Flowers Card Instructions
(All Products linked Below)
Cutting your carstock:
- Cut a landscape folding A2 size card from any white cardstock.
- You will need 2 pieces of White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8). One for the card front and one for the card insert.
- One, piece of watercolor paper to stamp your images on.
Stamping your images:
- Stamp the flowers & stems from the Jar of Flowers Stamp Set with Sahara Sand ink. Be sure the ink is barely visible. If your ink pad is very juicy you may want to stamp the image off and use 2nd generation ink. (meaning stamp it on some scratch paper, then stamp again without re-inking)
- This will allow you to color using the “No Line Watercoloring” effect. Once your image is watercolored you should not (or barely) be able to see the stamped lines.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set with Old Olive using a stamparatus. Then stamp the image again in the exact same place with Versamark. Now heat emboss clear embossing powder on top of the versamark. This will give you a shiny sentiment.
Coloring your images & jar
- Using the lids of your ink pads and a paint or waterbrush, watercolor the image. All the colors I used are listed below.
- Also using the paint or waterbrush, pick up some Pretty Peacock Ink and dab it on the inside of the war. I use a waterbrush with 70% Alcohol inside it as it dries much faster than water.
- Set aside painting and jar to dry
Embossing, Splattering, Punching & Die-Cutting:
- Use Champagne/Gray Splatter on the white card front. When it’s dry emboss it with the Brock & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder
- Cut a strip of woodgrain DSP from the In Good Taste DSP to 4-1/8X 1-15/16 and emboss it with the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder. Glue this on top of the white card front (at the bottom).
- Using the Jar Punch cut out your watercolored flowers & stems. Be sure they are dry! Use the same punch to cut out a jar on the card front where you want your flowers to go.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Tie some twines around the neck of the jar.
- Add some crushed glass inside the jar before adhering it to the card base.
- Attach the flowers and stem to the back of the Jar Dome. Add a couple of dimensional behind the flowers to make them pop up a little on your card before adhering them to the card base. It adds dimension and looks pretty.
- Add the sentiment with dimensionals
If you want to see a watercoloring video or a video on how to use the jar domes leave me a comment on this blog post. If enough people ask I will create a video tutorial 💕
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3