Happy Easter Weekend!! I’m guessing if your life is anything like mine you’re socially distancing and not attending any gatherings this weekend. If you are able to you are very fortunate 💕. For those of us that cannot remember, the sacrifices today will reward us in the future. Hang in there and use this opportunity to get crafty!!
30 Cards in 30 Days Challenge – Day 3
Daisy Lane is NOT a retiring stamp set. Nor were 30 Cards in 30 Days Day 1 & 2 Challenge stamp sets. However, I was working my way through the 2020 – 2021 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog and making cards I had not used yet before the retiring list came out. Seeing as I have 25+ stamp sets that I have not used from the current catalog you will see many sets that are not in fact retiring> I may even toss in a few from the 2020 – 2021 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog as I own 15 sets that are uninked and retiring from there as well. ARG!! So many stamp sets, so little time!! lol
**Play along with me for Day 3 and don’t forget to upload your card in the Facebook Group for Day 3.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Daisy Lanes Card Instructions
(All Products linked Below)
Cutting your carstock:
- Cut a landscape folding A2 size card from any white cardstock.
- You will need 2 pieces of White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8). One for the card front and one for the card insert.
- One, piece of vellum to emboss your flowers on. I highly recommend Stampin’ Up! Vellum as it’s so wonderfully thick and does very well for heat embossing. (All products linked below)
- A small piece of Basic Black Cardstock to emboss the sentiment on.
Stamping & embossing your images:
- Stamp both flowers from the Daisy Lane Stamp set on vellum then heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Moving on to the leaves. Stamp then heat emboss with gold embossing powder. If you heat emboss the images you won’t have to worry about any ink smudging and ruining your project.
- Lastly, stamp your sentiment then heat emboss with the same white embossing powder. I used the sentiment from the Simply Succulents Stamp Set.
Punching, Fussy Cutting, Splattering & Embossing
- Splatter the card front with Gold Splatter (Click for recipe).
- Punch the flowers out with the 2 Daisy punches.
- Fussy cut your leaves.
- Using a die from the Potted Succulents Dies cut out the sentiment.
- The Tin Tile Embossing folder will make a lovely background. Emboss your card front with this folder.
Embossing, Splattering, Punching & Die-Cutting:
- Use Champagne/Gray Splatter on the white card front. When it’s dry emboss it with the Brock & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder
- Cut a strip of woodgrain DSP from the In Good Taste DSP to 4-1/8X 1-15/16 and emboss it with the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder. Glue this on top of the white card front (at the bottom).
- Using the Jar Punch cut out your watercolored flowers & stems. Be sure they are dry! Use the same punch to cut out a jar on the card front where you want your flowers to go.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Adhere the leaves to the card front with a tiny dab of Multipurpose liquid glue. If you don’t apply too much glue it will dry clear and you will not see it through the vellum. I have a tutorial about hiding the glue on vellum HERE. I used a DecoColor Gold Metallic Marker (linked below) to place dots in the center of the flower for an added touch.
- Use another dab of glue to adhere the small daisy on top of the larger one. Be sure to place it so the petals are lined up with the gaps in the flower below it. Then use a dimensional to adhere it to the card front.
- Using a bit more glue tuck the sentiment in behind your flowers. Finish the card front off with some gems. I used 3 different ones (listed below).
- Lastly, use some gold ink and stamp the leaf on the card insert. I use Deco Color which I believe is retired and no longer available as I cannot find it. I don’t feel comfortable giving you a link for any other gold inks that I have no personally used. Feel free to let us know in the comments what you use 😊
Connect, Craft, COLLECT!!
From 4 May–14 June 2021, qualifying orders will receive generous Stampin’ Rewards, PLUS additional rewards! You can earn Stampin’ Rewards based on order totals for an entire party or an order placed just for yourself. Outside of the party setting, Stampin’ Rewards are available to those who place individual orders that meet the order totals shown here. Ask me about setting up a virtual party for you and your friends TODAY!!
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3