Happy Easter Sunday!! I’ve brought you a Basket of Blooms for this special day. I’m sure by next Easter we will all be celebrating with loved ones, and not reading blog posts on the internet. Right? lol 😂 Let’s get right into the 30 cards in 30 Days Challenge – Day 4.
30 Cards in 30 Days Challenge – Day 4
For Day 4 we are watercoloring! Any watercoloring will do. A whole bunch of these items are retiring! The stamps (all of them) the dies and punches… It’s a sad day for me thinking about all the things moving down to the lower shelves in my cabinet. But! they will NOT be forgotten. They will live there under the new and current stamps but will still get some Inkie love from time to time, that’s for sure. Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack or click the items in the Supply List below to see which ones are on clearance so you don’t miss out on some crafty deals 💕
Now let’s Step-It-Up today with these cards. Make one, or make all three! They are all very pretty and anyone would love to receive them. Tell me which version you prefer and which ones you made.
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions of the year. It’s packed with perks for demonstrators, overflowing with opportunities for customers, and filled with fun for everyone! During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn free, exclusive products for every $60 CAD and $120 CAD you spend. And, you can enjoy unique, unbeatable benefits when they host an online party or join the Stampin’ Up! family!
Step-It-Up Card Instructions
(All Products linked Below)
Cutting your carstock:
- Cut a side folding A2 size card from any white cardstock for each card you are making.
- You will need 2 pieces of White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8). One for the card front and one for the card insert each card you are making.
- 1 piece of 6X6 Subtles DSP for the 2nd card.
- One piece of So Saffron Cardstock (4-7/8 X 3-5/8)& 1 piece of 6X6 Subtles DSP for the 3rd card. (If you watch the video I show you how to cut everything from one piece of 6X6 Subtles DSP for both cards)
- DSP Measurements: 1 piece 4-7/8 X 3-5/8 & 3 pieces 3-5/8 X 1
- Watercolor paper. I Canson 90Lb so I cannot link it for you as it directly competes with Stampin’ Up’s Watercolor paper. I just prefer the Canson for its smooth texture and whiter paper. Cut to 3-1/4 X 4-1/2
Stamping & Masking your images:
- For the first 2 cards, you will want to stamp the flower pot in Stazon Ink on watercolor paper. Stazon won’t bleed when you watercolor over top of it. Then stamp the pot on copy paper and cut it out to create a mask. Stamp the leaves for both cards using the mask you created.
- On a separate piece of watercolor paper stamp the flowers.
- The third card is the same steps, just use the Antique Linen Distress Oxide. This ink disappears when you watercolor over it. Giving you the No-Line Watercoloring effect.
- Stamp the word “Friend” and the sentiment “Far apart but close at heart” twice on leftover pieces of watercolor paper.
- On the So Saffron Cardstock (4-7/8 X 3-5/8) stamp the smallest flower around the edges so the stamped images create a border.
Watercoloring – See the video above for more a in depth tutorial
- Using the Watercolor Pencils for both the first 2 cards apply your color directly to the paper. For card 1 use a Blender Brush to spread out the color. On the second card use a Waterpainter to spread the color.
- For the 3rd card, you will pick up the color from the pencils with a paintbrush. I used a #2 to paint and a #4 to apply water before I applied the color.
- All the colors I used are listed below.
- For the background of card 2 apply diluted paint to the background so it’s barely visible. For card 3 apply the paint in a pouncing motion but be sure it’s darker and more visible.
Punching & Die-Cutting:
- Once your images are dry cut out the flowers with the Bloom Punch and fussy cut out the smallest yellow flowers.
- Die-cut the word “Friend” from the Well Written Dies on metallic cardstock. The one I used is linked below.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Glue one of the pink flowers on top of another. Make sure to his the petals of the flower in the pack.
- Use dimensionals to apply the flowers to the cards.
- It’s your choice about adding dimension to the sentiments.
- Add yellow In -Color Enamel Dots to the centers of the flowers on card 2.
- Adhere the yellow Subtles cardstock as shown in the photos.
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3
Other posts & videos you may like or may have missed…
30 Cards in 30 Days
In an effort to actually use all the stamps I own that are retiring I’m going to post a card every day in April! Are you up for the challenge to join me? head over to my Facebook Group to see the theme for the week in advance. Otherwise watch for me to post all the cards on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or on here on my Blog.