For today’s 30 Cards in 30 Days Challenge, I chose to make a Flowering Blooms Halloween Card. If you missed Day 18 – 20 check out my Facebook Page or Instagram as not all days are posted on my blog. Don’t forget you can play along with us, make the card when you can and upload it in the Facebook Group.
Flowering Blooms Halloween Card
From the moment I saw the Flowering Blooms stamp set (retiring soon) in the catalog I just knew I had to make a Halloween card with the flower. It really reminded me of the black rose images with cobwebs on them. I chose to color it with my Copic Markers as I feel like they’re neglected and I don’t play with them as much. Not to mention I prefer them over the Blends as the color variety is so great. I like to use at least 3 hues when coloring a certain color and my Copics selection allows me to do this. Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I think Stampin; Blends are bad, they are in fact wonderful for those new to coloring with alcohol ink markers. And they perfectly match the inks and papers Stampin’ Up! has to offer.
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Flowering Blooms Halloween Card
Cutting your cardstock:
- Cut a side folding A2 (5-1/2 X 4 – 1/4) size card from any white cardstock.
- 1 piece of White Cardstock (5-1/8 X 4) for your card front and another (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) for your card insert.
- One piece of Silver Foil cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) for the card front to mat the embossed webs that will go on your card front.
- A piece of white cardstock to stamp the flower on and a piece of Basic Black cardstock to cut out the frame for the card front.
Stamping, Coloring, Embossing & Die Cutting:
- Stamp your image on white cardstock. I use Accent Opaque White Smooth. Sorry I cannot link it for you. Let the ink dry completely before coloring.
- Once your ink is dry color the flower. I used Copics; V15, V17, BV08, YG61, G94 & G99.
- Use a Sakura Glitter Gel Pen to add little dots to your image (as shown in the photo below) for added interest.
- Emboss your card front with the retired Cobwebs Embossing Folder.
- Die-cut the flower using the matching die from the bundle (linked below).
- Die-cut the frame using the Hippo & Friends Dies. Use the largest die for this. On the right-hand side of the black frame, heat emboss the “Happy Halloween” sentiment from the retired Festive Post Stamp set. It may be a good idea to place your flower (but not glue it yet) on the frame so you can see where to place the sentiment.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Assemble your card but adhere the black frame and the flower with dimensionals.
- Use some Glittered Organdy Ribbon to tie a knot around the embossed white cardstock before you glue it to the silver foil cardstock.
- Add some Rhinestones.
- Stamp the flower on the card insert for an added touch.
If your purchase is $200.00 or more (before taxes and shipping) do NOT use this host code. You will get your own host benefits.
Every $50.00 purchase you place with me earns you an “Inkie Bestie” Membership for the following month. You will be emailed your Inkie Bestie Bundle by the 3rd of the month following your qualifying purchase. Shop with me here: My Inkie Fingers
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3