Day 17 brings us another day closer to Mother’s Day. Whether you need Mother’s Day Cards for your mother, your mother-in-law, or someone else who’s a mother, this one is sure to be a show stopper! I love this layout and the bright colors.
Mother’s Day Cards
The stamp set I used for this card is from the January – June 2021 Mini Catalog because when I saw the card on page 31 using the Pretty Perennials Stamps (which are retiring) I had to recreate it! The colors of this card are so fresh, bright, and perfect for spring, and that special mother. I altered the card slightly and added some die-cuts for extra dimension and a little more of a wow factor. But trust me, this card comes together quite easily and is well worth the extra effort. I made a second one and swapped out the word Mother’s for Birthday. I’m sure you can think of more words if you wanted to use this card for yet a mother occasion.
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Mother’s Day Cards
Cutting your cardstock:
- Cut a side folding A2 (5-1/2 X 4 – 1/4) size card from any white cardstock.
- You will need 2 pieces of White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) for your card front and another for your card insert.
- Some Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, and Basic Black cardstock for die-cutting. A piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock for the sentiment and frame.
Stamping, Die Cutting & Embossing:
- Using Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Mango Melody, and Daffodil Delight stamp the images onto the card front as shown in the photo or in the catalog card.
- Using the dies cut out the matching flowers in Melon Mambo & Daffodil Delight. For the flower centers use Mango Melody & Basic Black.
- Stamp the word HAPPY with Mango Melody on white cardstock. Now it’s time to stamp the smaller word sentiment with Versamark and emboss with white on Coastal Cabana. There’s a variety of smaller word stamps to choose from in the Well Said Stamp Set (Retiring soon).
- Die-cut a frame from the Painted Labels Dies with Coastal Cabana. This is for the sentiments on the card front.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Now it’s time to glue all the flower die-cuts to the flowers. Then you’ll want to tie some Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the card front about 1/3 of the way down. The ribbon should be centered directly behind where the sentiment frame will go.
- Use dimensional to pop up the sentiment frame and the smaller word that goes below the word happy (which is glued down directly to the frame).
- Add a few 2021 – 2023 In Color Jewels to the sentiment frame on the card front to finish everything off.
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3