Let’s recreate some cards with Stampin Up Designer Series Paper on cards. I will show you 2 cards 2 different ways. Choose your favorite pattern paper backgrounds for card making and I will show you how to recreate 4 EASY Stampin Up Cards.
Easy Stampin Up Cards
For today’s CASE (Copy & Share Everything) I found 2 cards on pages 122 & 123 from the 2020 – 2021 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Is there a project in any current catalog you would like to see me feature on the Tuesday Master Your Card Making Series? Leave a comment on the YouTube video below. Or you can comment on this post. Just let me know what catalog & page number.
Watch the Video Tutorial
Or scroll down for Instructions
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Do you have your Stampin Up Designer Series Paper (or pattern paper) all picked out?
Want to create your own Designer Series Paper? I show you how HERE
Okay! Let’s get started!
Cutting your paper:
- Cut 4 cards from Thick Whisper White Cardstock. A2 size
- Cut 4 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock to 5-3/8 X 4-1/8. These will be card inserts.
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper; (Or any other Stampin Up Designer Series Paper) Choose the 4 background patterns you like to 5-3/8 X 4-1/8. Then choose 2 wood patterns and cut them both to 2-1/2 X 4. Now choose an accent Designer Series Paper for the cards you see above. Cut 2 pieces of a pink pattern to 1-1/4 X 4-1/8
- You will also need 2 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock to 5-1/2 X 4-1/4 to stamp all 8 flowers on. And another piece of Whisper White Cardstock large enough to stamp and die cut the sentiment also shown above in the photos.
Stamping & Coloring Images:
- Stamp the flower from Tasteful Touches Stamp Set 8 times on the Whisper White Cardstock (5-1/2 X 4-1/4) in Smokey Slate Ink.
- Using 2 Sponge Daubers color 4 flowers with Rococo Rose & Petal Pink Ink. Keeping in mind that the Rococo Rose ink is for the darker areas of the flower. The Petal Pink should be applied closer to the tips of the petals.
- Using another 2 Sponge Daubers color 4 flowers with Bumblebee & Daffodil Delight ink. Keeping in mind that the Bumblebee ink is for the darker areas of the flower. The Daffodil Delight should be applied closer to the tips of the petals. Fussy cut out all 8 flowers.
- Now stamp the sentiment of choice with Rococo Rose ink twice on a small piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- On the wood pattern Designer Series Paper (or other pattern paper) stamp the sentiment of your choice with Night Of Navy ink if the woodgrain is a light shade. Use Versamark Ink and White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (heat set) if the woodgrain is a darker shade.
- Lay most of what you have so far for the pink cards on the card fronts. This will give you a visual as to where you will be stamping the sprigs in the background. I used a pencil and lightly traced it around everything. Once I removed everything I could easily see where I needed to stamp. The pencil can be easily erased with a Mechanical Eraser Tool.
- Stamp the sprigs from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set with Old Olive Ink 4 times.
Punching & Die Cutting:
- The sentiment you stamped on the Whisper White Cardstock can be cut out with a Stitched Rectangle Die. Use whichever one fits it best.
- Now take your 2 wood pattern Designer Series Papers with the sentiments and cut them out with a label die from the Tasteful Labels Dies.
- Do not have either of the stamps or dies? The Tasteful Touches Bundle will save you %10 by getting them at the same time.
- Adhere the 2 pieces of a pink pattern to 1-1/4 X 4-1/8 just below the center of the card front. Like in the first photo examples. Then mark the left and right sides of the pink paper in the center at 5/8″. Using the Medium Daisy Punch (just the tip of the petal) punch out 2 small half ovals. This is where you will attach your Linen Thread.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Cut 2 pieces of Linen Thread to about 24″. Fold in half and tie around the pink pattern cardstock. Line up the thread in the little half ovals you punched out earlier. Then tie a knot.
- Attach 2 pink flowers. (Pink Card) One facing toward the top and the other toward the bottom. (Blue Card) Place both yellow flowers just to the top left of the center of the card front. Glue some leaves from the In Good Taste Elements behind the flowers on the pink card. On the blue card they go either sides of the yellow flowers.
- Place a strip of ribbon (your choice the one I used is retired) on the blue card so it pokes out on the left and right side of the sentiment label.
- Using dimensional apply the die cut sentiments on all cards.
- Finally, add the gems of your choice. I used Gilded Gems, Basic Pearl Jewels, and Rhinestone Basic Gems.
Here are the insides of the cards and you can choose to copy them or do something different. I used Old Olive, Night of Navy & Bumblebee inks.
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3