As I sit here writing this blog post the wind is whistling at my studio window and the snow is blowing. I decorated the studio last week so it truly feels like Christmas already! I can’t say as though I have the stocking hung, but they are hanging here on this A Merry Hello Christmas Card!
A Merry Hello Christmas Card
I fell in love (almost immediately) with this stamp set! Well, let’s be honest, I’m weak and fall in love easily! haha However, I saw that this set had so many awesome little stamps that I would use over and over for years to come. This awesome set now has a ‘forever home’ in my cabinet. You can get this set with any order over $200 CAD from the August – December 2020 Stampin’ Up Mini Catalog OR you can win this set this month.
🎁WIN THIS STAMP SET🎁
This current Host Set from the August – December 2020 Stampin’ Up Mini Catalog will be won by one lucky Stampin’ Up! LIVE Online Classes (Canadian) member this month! A second prize for worldwide members will be drawn (1 Month All-Access Pass) We will be playing a fun game and doing a live draw at the Live Stamp & Chat Party on November 21st, 2020 @6 PM. If you are not registered for the Stampin’ Up! LIVE Online Classes yet be sure to register soon so you don’t miss out on the Live Class and Live Stamp & Chat Party (both are for members only)
A Merry Hello Video Tutorial
(Scroll down for written instructions)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
A Merry Hello Card Instructions
Cutting your paper:
- Cut a top folding A2 size card from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- You will need 3 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) one piece is for the card front and another for the card insert. The extra piece is to stamp the stocking and then create a mat for the stamped image
- A 3-3/4 X 3-5/8 piece of Old Olive (to create your own DSP)
Stamping, Coloring & Embossing:
- Start by stamping the stockings in Momento Ink (trim this after you have finished coloring, then cut another piece 1/4 inch larger to create a mat)
- For the coloring, I used the following Stampin’ Blends Combos; Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive & the Bronze & Ivory Combo.
- Once I had finished coloring the stockings I traced over the ‘string’ and ‘stocking loops’ with a Pilot Gold Metallic marker.
- When it came to stamping the holly leaves, berries, and sprigs on the card front I used my “Blending On Stamps” Technique using Old Olive, Flirty Flamingo, and Soft Suede Classic Stampin Ink Pads
- Embossing: I embossed the mat for the card front with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- On the card insert stamp “A Merry Hello” in Flirty Flamingo and the sprigs in Old Olive & Flirty Flamingo.
Adding Twine & Enamel Dots
- Using a Take Your Pick or any form of pointy tool, roll up a glue dot so that it resembles a ball. Place the Glue Dot ball where the loop of the stocking meets the string. Do this for each stocking.
- Run a piece of Gold Twine from the Forever Greenery Ribbon Combo so it follows the stamped string.
- Place a Gold Glitter Enamel Dot over the string where each Glue Dot is.
- Finally, use a very small paint brush and some baby powder and apply some powder around each glue dot to remove any ‘exposed’ stickiness so it doesn’t stick to the inside of an envelope.
Create your own DSP/Splattering:
- I used my splatter recipe from this video to spatter the background. Once it was dry I used this splatter recipe to add a layer of gold splatter. (You can use Perfect Pearls Powder instead of the ShinHanArt Powder I mentioned in the video)
- Feel free to add the gold splatter to the stocking too. It looks so pretty!
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Add some ribbon to the embossed card front a little more than halfway down. Then adhere the embossed card front to the card base ( use fun foam or Dimensionals if you like) and the card insert to the inside of your card.
- Use Dimensionals to adhere the stamped stockings image to the frame you cut for it. Adhere the splatter background directly to the card front as well as the matted stamped stockings.
Please use this Host Code if your order does not exceed $199.99 (Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
DISCLAIMER: Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!
**Some Non-Stampin’ Up! supplies you may see me use I cannot provide links to due to conflicts of Stampin’ Up! carrying a similar item. I will mark these items with 2 asterisks if they appeared on my blog.
Have you heard about the LIVE Stampin’ Up! Online Classes?
Don’t miss out on LIVE one-on-one time with me and my class assistant.
Live classes with step-by-step instructions. Ask questions!
Get the answers and help you need IN CLASS!