I know many of you are still waiting on your April 2021 So Cool Paper Pumpkin Kits. I was fortunate to get mine and I’ve already done my April 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card for you. The best part about this card is it doesn’t use up any of the awesome elements in the kit so you can still make all the cards as shown in the kit!
April 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card
For me, this was the most anticipated Paper Pumpkin Kit of 2021. I’m so obsessed with the adorable cards and fantastic colors! I’ll certainly be taking this kit to see my dad at the senior’s home next week to make some cards to give to people on his floor. What a way to brighten someone’s day with such delicious cards! What are you doing with your cards?
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
April 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternative
(All Products linked Below)
Cutting your cardstock:
- Cut an A2 Size Top Folding Card (5-1/2 X 4-1/2) for each card you wish to create.
- You will need 1 piece of Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper cut to 5-3/8 X 4-1/4
- Using the envelope from the kit, or any other Designer Series Paper cut 2 strips that are 4-1/8 X 1-3/8
- White cardstock large enough for die-cutting & stamping (listed below)
- To create a split-fold card cut off the bottom 1-1/2 inch of the front of the card base. Then make another cut 1-1/2 inches below the fold at the top of your card. I show you how to do this in the video above.
Stamping, Sponging, & Die-Cutting:
- Die-cut the large and small frame from the Hippo & Friends Dies on white cardstock.
- Use a Stamparatus for all your stamping. Stamp the Popsicle from the April 2020 So Cool Kit on the leftover pieces of cardstock from die-cutting or use another piece.
- To create a watercolored effect on the popsicles use the popsicle background stamp from the Sweet Ice Cream Stamps. Apply the inks with a sponge dauber in the colors listed in the supply section. Once you have applied the ink spritz the stamp with some water. Just enough to create water beads on the stamp. Then stamp this over top of the popsicle image. The video above shows you how to do this.
- If you wish to blend ink on your popsicles apply the ink directly to the image with sponge daubers.
Heat Embossing & Splattering:
- In the April 2020 So Cool Kit there is a sprinkles stamp. Use this stamp to heat emboss white sprinkles on the popsicles.
- Splatter all the Designer Series papers and the popsicles with White Gouache Splatter. (click for recipe)
- Once everything is dry and you can move things around arrange the popsicles on the largest card frame. But before you glue them down stamp your sentiment. You may want to use the Stamparatus here again as I stamped my sentiment 3 times to achieve a dark crisp impression.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the inside of the card and the envelope strips to the front and bottom of the card base pieces.
- Apply a small amount of glue to the back of your largest frame at the top and bottom. Just in the places that it will touch the top and bottom of the card front. Once your glue is tacking place the largest frame to hold the bottom piece of the card front to the bottom of your frame. Your frame is also glued to the top of the card so now it will all stand nicely. I show you how to do this in the video above.
- One popsicle should be glued directly to the largest frame on the card front and the other can be adhered using a dimensional.
- The smaller frame goes in the very middle of the card on this inside. This is for your message. If you place it directly in the middle it cannot be seen when the card is closed.
- Finally, add a few rhinestones or jewels to finish the card off.
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3
1 thought on “April 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card”
Pingback: Flowering Blooms Halloween Card | My Inkie Fingers