What is a Die Cut Eclipse Card? Apparently, it’s when you cut out an image from your card front and raise it up over the top of the exact same spot. Who knew? And who comes up with these names anyhow? haha I would have called it a “Die Cut Pop-Up Card” but I’ve since learned that’s not it’s proper name. Did you know this term before today? It’s all new to me!
Die Cut Eclipse Card
Adding dimension to cards is easier than you think. There are many ways to create visual interest and dimension on cards. Today I will show you how to create a fast and easy card that really pops! Create shadows with die cuts, create your own background, add some gold splatter, stamp with gold ink to create a gorgeous reflective ink, or heat emboss the feathers! Whatever you decide your Thank You Card will really stand out.
(Or scroll down for instructions)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Die Cut Eclipse Card Instructions
Cutting your paper:
- Cut a side folding A2 size card from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- You will need 2 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) one piece is for the card front and another for the card insert.
- 2 1/2″ X 1″ of the following 4 colors; Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, & Pretty Peacock.
- 1 piece of 1″ X 3″ Pretty Peacock Cardstock.
- In the video I made 4 cards, I have given you the measurements to make 1 card.
Stamping & Heat Embossing:
- Using Versamark Ink, stamp the “Thank You” Sentiment from Free As A Bird Stamp Set 4 times on the Pretty Peacock cardstock. Be sure to leave enough room to die cut out each sentiment with the Tasteful Labels Die later. Then heat emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Using a Stamparatus (or any stamp positioning tool) stamp the feather from the Tasteful Touches and Beautiful World Stamp Sets so they are positioned on the right side of the card front about an inch below the top. If you stagger them it will look really nice. I used Encore Gold Ink but I cannot find it to link for you, sorry.
- Once you have die cut the word “Thanks” from the Well Written Dies you will place one of each color on your card front to get an idea where to stamp the background stamp. You can use the image from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set with Pretty Peacock Ink.
- For the Insert, stamp the larger feather from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set in Encore Gold Ink. Use any sentiment you wish on the inside. I used “You Are The Best” from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set stamped in Pretty Peacock Ink.
Die Cutting & Splattering:
- Die cut the word “Thanks” from the Well Written Dies in Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, & Crumb Cake. Then use the coordinating ink pad (or the closest you have) to blend some ink on the bottom half of the word with a Sponge Dauber.
- There is a Tasteful Labels Die that will perfectly match your embossed “Thank You” Sentiment. Once you have cut out all 4 use some snips to straighten the right side of the sentiment strip.
- Now you can die cut out the smaller feather with the matching die in the World Map Dies.
- Now splatter some Gold Splatter all over your card front. I have a Splatters Recipe Video. At the time of the video I used ShinHanArt Powder, but you can use Perfect Pearls as that’s what I use now.
- I have a Splatters Recipe Video. At the time of the video I used ShinHanArt Powder, but you can use Perfect Pearls as that’s what I use now. Mix up the recipe and splatter gold all over your card front.
Creating the Die Cut Eclipse:
- Using the 1 piece of 1″ X 3″ Pretty Peacock Cardstock you have left. Adhere it on the back of the card front where you die cut out the feather. Then using Foam Adhesive Strips Adhere the feather directly overtop where it was cut out on top of the Pretty Peacock Cardstock.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Adhere the card front to the card base and the card insert to the inside of your card. Adhere the words “Thanks” to the card front.
- Use pieces of Foam Adhesive Strips to adhere the sentiment strip to the card front.
- Voila! You’re all done! Did you make more than one of these?
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3
Commonly Asked Questions
Have you heard about the LIVE Stampin’ Up! Online Classes?
Don’t miss out on LIVE one-on-one time with me and my class assistant.
Live classes with step-by-step instructions. Ask questions!
Get the answers and help you need IN CLASS!