Let’s make some adorable “Mini Note Cards” & matching envelopes and give them to someone special as a Note Cards Gift Set. We all know someone who doesn’t make cards. Don’t we? Perhaps a loved one, or a special friend. Perhaps someone you think might turn into your next Stampin’ Up! customer if they saw these beautiful cards! Give the gift of giving with these adorable Handmade Mini Cards.
Mini Note Cards & Matching Envelopes
When I saw the Timeless Tropical Mini Note Cards on page 37 the 2020 – 2021 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog I knew I wanted to recreate these. Then I saw Tammy C. Wilson’s (My FAVORITE Artistan Desinger!! 💗) cute Stampin’ Up! Mini Pizza Boxes with the same stamp set and I was SOLD and so excited to make a Mini Note Card Set & Matching Envelopes combining these 2 designs.
Choosing colors for the cards
At first, I thought I would use Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo for the card bases, but I felt it was too much. I wanted to break it up a bit so I decided to use the same 3 colors for my 3-7/16″ X 3-7/16″ card fronts and adhere those to plain white 3-1/2″ X 3-1/2″ Note Cards.
(ALL SUPPLIES LISTED BELOW WITH PHOTOS)
NOTE CARDS Basic Steps – Video Tutorial BELOW
- Cut note card base to 7″ x 3-1/2″ from Whisper White Cardstock. Score at 3-1/2″ then fold in half.
- Cut 2 card fronts from each of Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo.
- Then cut 6 note card inserts from Whisper White to 3-7/16″ X 3-7/16″.
- Stamp the “Palm Tree” image 6 times with Versamark Ink. Then heat emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Using your Sponge Daubers, blend Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo over top of the white embossed Palm Trees. You can then use a paper towel or shammy of some sort to ‘rub’ the ink off the white embossed image.
- On Basic Black Cardstock stamp the “Thank You” sentiment from the Timeless Tropical Cling Stamp Set. Trim so only a little black remains around the sentiment with snips or a trimmer.
- Cut two 6″ X 3/4″ strips of Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo from the Brights 6″ X 6″ Designer Series Paper. Then punch each end of the strip with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Finally, snip each strip in half. You do not need to snip it perfectly.
- Die-cut each Palm Tree with the In The Tropics Dies and die cut 6 circles using the second largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Cut a 12″ inch piece of Forever Greenery Metallic Thread, Linen Thread, and another twine color of your choice (I used a yellow retired twine from SAB 2020) and tie around the lower third of the card.
- Adhere your Palm Trees to the strips you just created. Then snip off whatever pokes out to the right of the first tree trunk.
- Glue all circles so they are offset on the card fronts then add your Palm Trees with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then trim off the excess circle so your card is perfectly square.
- On the sentiment, adhere 2 Black Stampin’ Dimensionals behind the far most left side and one in the middle. Remove the release paper, then add 2 more (on top of the 2 you just placed) so your dimensionals are double as high as one dimensional. Then place some liquid glue on the left Palm Tree’s trunk, but just enough to adhere to the right side of your sentiment.
- Adhere your card front to the front of your note card.
- On the Whisper White insert you cut earlier, stamp the “Pineapple” with Daffodil Delight Ink in the lower right-hand corner. It’s totally ok if your Pineapple goes off the bottom edge. Then adhere to the inside of your card.
- I stamped the Pineapple 2 more times with Sahara Sand Ink and die cut them out. Then I stamped “For You” from the Perfectly Framed Cling Stamp set to make 2 cute tags.
- Finally, add some Artistry Blooms Sequins or any embellishments of your choice.
If you are new to making envelopes I HIGHLY suggest you watch the video tutorial below. I give you some very important tips to help you successfully create your envelopes and not waste paper making mistakes, or worse get frustrated and give up!
Creating Matching Envelopes
- Choose a Designer Series Paper (DSP) that matches the theme of your cards. I used the retired “Tropical Oasis”
- TIP: Your envelopes will look really nice if your DSP is double-sided. This way when the recipient opens the envelope another pattern is revealed on the inside of your card.
- These cards are 3-1/2″ X 3-1/2″. So you find that exact size on the punch board list of card sizes.
- TIP: If you use the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board it is the EXACT same as the Retired Stampin’ Up! Envelope Punch Board. The ONLY difference is the color.
- The “Card Size” measurement for 3-1/2″ X 3-1/2″ is on the first column on your board. A little more than 1/2 way down. If you look to the right of the “Card Size” you will see “Paper Size”. This is the size of DSP you will need.
- The “Score Line” is your third column. This is where to score your FIRST score. Place your DSP along the top of the punch board. Be sure to line the left side of your paper up at the 3″ inch mark. Take note of the indented angled line along the right side (it starts at the top, in the middle, and extends to the bottom right of the board). This is where you will place your FIRST score. Once you have scored your DSP depress the oval circle at the top (center) of your board.
- Now, this next step is IMPORTANT; This happens to be a perfectly square card so you will be making a perfectly square envelope. Most times, you will not be making square cards and envelopes. Therefore while this may not seem true in this instance, trust me. Follow these next steps EVERY TIME you make an envelope, as when your envelope is NOT square you will still get a perfect envelope.
- You will IGNORE the “Score Line” measurement from now on. After you have created your first score on ANY envelope, you will then turn your DSP 1/4 turn to the left. Line the score you just made up with the little ‘tail’ the words “SCORE LINE” point to with the arrow. This arrow is just below the ‘punch’ and a little to the left.
- Now you will score your DSP on the right side, just as you scored the first time. Then depress the punch.
- Turn your DSP 1/4″ turn to the left again and line the score you just made up with the “Score Line Tail” marked with the arrow on the board. Score on the right side of your DSP. Depress the punch.
- Turn your DSP 1/4″ turn to the left for a final time and line the score you just made up with the “Score Line Tail” marked with the arrow on the board. Score on the right side of your DSP. Depress the punch.
- Now your DSP should look like the picture of the envelope on the right-hand side of the board.
- Turn your board so it faces away from you. Insert all 4 points (one at a time) into the backside of the punch. This will round your corners when depressed.
- ASSEMBLING YOUR ENVELOPE. If you look at the photo of the envelope on the punch board, imagine each point as a ‘flap’ Fold the left and right “flaps’ in. Then fold the bottom ‘flap’ up. Burnish with a bone folder to flatten. Now flip back your bottom flap and place a strong adhesive on the left and right INSIDES so that when you flip it back it adheres to the left and right flaps.
- Now you have created an envelope! Place your card inside and use the same adhesive to adhere the TOP flap. Fold it down, and VOILA! your card is ready to mail!
- Watch THIS video for some tips on “HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CARDS” in the mail.
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Tools & Supplies
The following is a list of supplies I used. Most, if not all, are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you use any of these links. Of course, this is at no additional cost to you. I sincerely appreciate it when you click and use my links. My Kit.co store hosts most of the items and supplies I use on a regular basis. Bookmark it to your favorites for easy access in the future too. Happy Stamping!
Affiliate link clarification: To clarify, if you click someone else’s affiliate link after you click mine, the commissions will be given to the last persons’ link you clicked at the time you check out. If you want me to earn the commission my link must be used to enter the store/website in which you are ordering at the time you decide to checkout. Affiliate credit is given on all items you purchase during your shopping experience (total purchase at store/website) whether you purchase the item you were considering buying or not.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3