It’s only been a week since my last upload but it feels like I’ve been gone forever! Did it seem like a long time for you? I’ve almost finished the new studio and now I’m ready to rock n’ roll! Today’s technique is all about unique ways to use your dies. Let’s learn how to emboss with dies.
Unique Ways to Use Your Dies
There are so many ways to use your dies for other than just cutting! Did you know you can emboss with ANY die? Dry emboss with die cuts for a totally different effect on your cards. Maximize your supplies and try a new Die Cutting/Embossing Technique. Be sure to let me know what you think!
(Or scroll down for instructions)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
How to emboss with Dies:
- First, you will need the ‘hill’ shape die from the Home Together Dies and a Silicone Craft Sheet or any other silicone shim. Pair this with your die cutting/embossing machine and you’re all set.
- To create the embossed rainbow you will need to create a sandwich. Starting on a cutting plate, place the Silicone Craft Sheet, then your Thick Whisper White Cardstock. Place the die on the cardstock in the desired position, then finish your sandwich with your top cutting plate. now you can emboss your die by running it through your machine. I run it through once forward, and once backward for best results.
- Now it’s time to move the die. Whether you’re moving it up or down, be sure to slide it into the last embossed impression. You will feel it stop along the edge of the one above (or below). Now repeat the process of embossing with the die until you have the desired number of embossed images for your rainbow.
- Now you know unique ways to use your dies! Did you know how to do this before? Let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you.
- While you have your die cutting machine out. Die cut the happy sentiment from the Happy Dies with Rainbow Glimmer Paper. Then trim off the top so the word HAPPY looks like it’s free-standing.
- I chose to color in the rainbow with Stampin’ Blends. I chose the colors listed in the supply list below.
- Poppy Parade Combo, Melon Mambo Combo, Daffodil Delight Combo, Pumpkin Pie Combo, Granny Apple Green Combo, Balmy Blue Combo & Misty Moonlight Combo.
- Then I used a coordinating Stampin’ Write Marker to line in between each color to clean up my coloring and make it look more defined and crisp.
- Trim the top of the rainbow so it ends with only the last color showing
- You can choose to Splatter the rainbow and clouds of you like. The splatter recipe I used is in my Top 10 Stampin Tools & Supplies Video.
- For the Zebra from Zany Zebras use your Stampin’ Write Markers and only color the strips in rainbow order. Add some Gray Granite to the hoofs, nose and around the ears. You can also use the Black Stampin’ Write Marker to define the lines a little better.
- Finish the stripes off with a little Wink of Stella for some sparkle.
Clouds & Butterflies:
- Using some scrap pieces of Whisper White Cardstock and the cloud-shaped die from the Happy Dies cut 2 strips of clouds. One will line the bottom of your rainbow and the other you will trim to make smaller clouds for the background. I also used some of the leftover cardstock to cut out little butterflies from the Butterfly Beauty Dies. Color the cardstock with your blends prior to die cutting the butterflies in the some of the same colors you used on the rainbow.
- Using some Smoky Slate Ink and a Sponge Dauber apply some ink very very lightly to the edges of all your clouds. This defines them on your card.
Die Cutting the Pieces & Final Assembly:
- Once you have everything all colored and ready to assemble line everything up and use the largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles Dies to create a nice stitched edge. I did everything individually then glued it all together.
- I used Foam Adhesive Strips behind the bottom clouds for added dimension
- Mini & Stampin’ Dimensionals for the Zebra and everything else was glued directly to the background.
- I placed the finished background to a 5-3/8 X 4-1/8 mat then placed it on a top folding A2 size card.
- One I had that glues down I added more Wink of Stella to the clouds and some Whale of a Time Sequins here and there.
Stamping on the Inside:
- On a 5-3/8 X 4-1/8 card insert I chose to use the sentiment from the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin “A little Something to Brighten Your Day” and stamped it in Pacific Point Ink. And another Zebra in Memento Black.
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3