A Pink & Blue Christmas Card? I’m loving it, what do you think? I’m really drawn towards the Non-Traditional Christmas Colors right now. I feel like it freshens things up and keeps it interesting. Pink & Blue are perfect colors for hand-stamped Christmas Cards, they’re bright and cheery holiday card colors that complement one another. I hope you enjoy my latest Stampin Up Christmas Card.
Pink & Blue Christmas Card
Pink & Blue are perfect colors for hand-stamped Christmas Cards, they’re bright and cheery holiday card colors that complement one another. Not to mention it adds a lot of visual interest as they are non-traditional holiday colors. I hope you enjoy my latest Stampin Up Christmas Card. If you missed my Christmas in July Series you can see all the blog posts here or videos here.
(Scroll down for full written instructions)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Pink & Blue Christmas Card Instructions
Cutting your paper:
- Cut a top folding A2 size card from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- You will need 3 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) one piece is for the card front and another for the card insert. The extra piece is to die cut a sentiment frame and the word “Bright” twice.
- A 4 X 2 piece of Silver Foil Cardstock to cut the “Bright Shadow”
- Using the Joy Dies from the Peace & Joy Bundle, die-cut the smallest word “Bright” from Whisper White Cardstock twice. Then glue together.
- Then die cut out the next largest word “Bright” from the Silver Foil Cardstock to create your shadow. Don’t glue the word bright to its shadow until you have blended the ink on it.
Stamping, Color Blending & Embossing:
- Using a Sponge Dauber blend the following colors on each letter. Be mindful to blend the color a little bit into the next letter so that you get a soft transition of colors. Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Old Olive & Garden Green.
- Using the same combinations of inks stamp the images from the Peace & Joy Stamps (Also part of the Peace & Joy Bundle) stamp the images of choice on the card front. I traced the sentiment frame on the card front first so I had a visual of where to stamp. For lighter variations of color use second generation stamping. For added interest be sure to blend on your stamps too!
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock stamp “Merry” & “And” in the color of your choice then fussy cut out.
- For the card insert, I stamped “Sending” and “Joy” with a few sprigs.
- Embossing: I embossed the Sentiment Frame with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and the card front with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Optional: You can use a distress tool to ‘rough up’ all your edges on the card front.
- Place a few drops of the Pretty Peacock Ink Refill on an acrylic block. I added a few drops of water to dilute my ink. Then use a very small tip paintbrush (#0 works well) to pick up the ink. Tap the paintbrush on a bone folder to ‘splatter’ the ink lightly on the card front & the sentiment frame.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Adhere the card front to the card base and the card insert to the inside of your card. Adhere the word Bright to the silver shadow, then adhere this to the sentiment frame. Use Dimensionals to adhere the frame to the card front.
- Use pieces of Foam Adhesive Strips to adhere the single words to the card front.
- I used a variation of embellishments (all in the supply list). I even colored some of the rhinestones pink with the Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend Marker.
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
DISCLAIMER: Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!
**Some Non-Stampin’ Up! supplies you may see me use I cannot provide links to due to conflicts of Stampin’ Up! carrying a similar item. I will mark these items with 2 asterisks if they appeared on my blog.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3