If you have alcohol ink markers, like Stampin’ Blends or Copic Markers, grab your Stampin’ Up! Vellum Paper and get ready to learn how to color on vellum like a pro. Coloring on vellum is easy and turns out beautiful with this technique.
Pink Poinsettia Christmas Card
I chose the Poinsettia Petals Bundle from the August – December 2020 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog for this card mainly because my favorite things to buy at Christmas is a Pink Poinsettia. But you’ve already guessed that I have a thing for Pink Poinsettias though right? I mean, if it comes in pink, I’m all over it! The other reason I chose this set is I have a special person in mind for this card as I know they love this set. I won’t mention who they are as it’s very possible they will see this post and video. I just know they will love and cherish this Pink Poinsettia Christmas Card for years to come.
DID YOU KNOW: The Poinsettia Petals & Dies are carrying over to the 2021 Stampin’ Up Mini or Annual Catalog? They will not be available in a bundle, so be sure to get them now to save 10% off.
You’re welcome to download the Retiring & Carry Over lists below. (Available to view until January 4th 2021)
December 8 – January 4 2021
August – December 2020 Mini Catalog Retiring Items
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. SAVE UP TO 50% OFF!!
If it’s on your Wishlist be sure to grab it fast before someone else takes the last one. Once it’s gone, it’s gone forever. Don’t forget to stock up on your favorite retiring embellishments, ribbons, and papers.
Don’t miss out on the goodies you want. Treat yourself or pick up retiring items as gifts.
Download the LISTS here
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
WATCH THE TUTORIAL VIDEO
(Or scroll down for instructions)
Pink Poinsettia Christmas Card Instructions
Cutting your paper:
- Cut a landscape folding A2 size card from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- You will need 2 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8). One for the card front and one for the card insert.
- One piece of Silver Foil Cardstock, also for the card front (5-1/2 X 4-1/4).
- One piece of Stampin’ Up! Vellum (5-1/2 X 4-1/4). I HIGHLY suggest using Stampin’ Up! Vellum due to its thickness and quality. It will make all the difference on this project.
- A scrap piece of any white glitter/glimmer cardstock. I used a retired white glimmer.
Coloring the foil & Die Cutting:
- Starting with the Silver Foil Cardstock, cut a square out of the top right side using the 6th & 7th largest dies from the Layering Squares Dies. Using both will create a square frame, set this aside. Take the middle square leftover piece from the inside of the frame and die cut out NOEL using the Playful Alphabet Dies. Set the letters aside.
- Color the left side of the Silver Foil Cardstock with the Dark Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends Marker but keep in mind that 1/8th of an inch all the way around the outside of the Silver Foil Cardstock can be seen on your card front. So be sure to color inside of that space. Then (using the Poinsettia Dies) die-cut 5 sprigs from the green you colored and one of the larger sprigs from the leftover silver space.
- Die-cut a square from the scrap piece of white glitter/glimmer cardstock you selected. If you use the 6th largest die from the Layering Squares Dies it will fit perfectly inside your silver frame.
- Lastly, die-cut each of the Poinsettia Flowers and leaves from the Poinsettia Dies using the Stampin’ Up! Vellum. You will end up with 4 flowers (2 small and 2 large) and 2 leaves.
Coloring on Vellum:
- Set all 4 petals upside down (the embossing facing up) on the door of your Stamparatus (or any other non-porous surface. With the Light Rococo Rose Stampin’ Blends Marker color a stripe on each petal starting in the center and working your way to the tip. Now spray each flower with 99% alcohol. If you use 99% it will dry fast as it only contains 1% alcohol. Optional: when the petals are nearly dry you can spray them with a Pink Perfect Pearls Mist to add extra color and shimmer. (Recipe) Once they are dry you can repeat the process of coloring a stripe to add more color or leave it as is. It’s up to you. The last step for each flower is to trace the outline of the petal veins with the Dark Rococo Rose Stampin’ Blends Marker. Do this on the back of the flower as well.
- For the leaves repeat the above process using the Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends Combo. Omit spraying with the Pink Perfect Pearls Mist.
- See the coloring on vellum process in this video.
Embossing & Splattering:
- Emboss the Whisper White card front with the Subtle Embossing Folder. Then use the Pink Perfect Pearls Mist (Recipe) to splatter pink for added dimension.
- Splatter all the petals, leaves, and sprigs with a White Gouache Splatter Mixture (Recipe), and be sure to be generous. The splatter will resemble snow and looks gorgeous!
- With the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set, stamp a sentiment on the center of your card insert using Rococo Rose Classic Stampin’ Ink. Then stamp 2 leaves in (Use Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Ink) the bottom right-hand corner of the insert.
- Stamp the same leaf on the embossed & splattered cardfront. You may want to place the pieces down to eyeball where to stamp the leaf.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Using Glue Dots attach the smaller petals to the larger petals for both flowers. Then attach the flowers to the card with glue dots as well.
- I opted to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue (in a Darice Bottle) to adhere the sprigs. I colored the Beaded Pearl with a Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends for the large flower and used some random yellow microbeads for the small flower.
- Add a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels and some Elegant Faceted Gems to finish off your card. These embellishments really enhance the frosty snow theme!
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
DISCLAIMER: Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!
**Some Non-Stampin’ Up! supplies you may see me use I cannot provide links to due to conflicts of Stampin’ Up! carrying a similar item. I will mark these items with 2 asterisks if they appeared on my blog.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3