Today we are cutting rubber stamps! Yup! That’s right, I’m going to show you how to cut Stampin’ Up! Stamps. Call it Stamp Surgery 101. Your stamps, your way. Have no fear, it’s easier than you think. I’m actually totally IN LOVE with the Many Messages Stamp Set now!
Cutting Rubber Stamps
Have you ever wished you could use just one part of a stamp? Or remove one portion of a particular stamp? Did you know you can cut ALL stamps? Rubber, Photopolymer, and acrylic stamps? It’s actually easier than you may think. With the right tools, anything is possible. I wasn’t pleased when I noticed that Many Messages was ALL ONE STAMP. I didn’t like this idea and knew I would likely cut it all up to my liking. So I made a video to show you how easy it is.
*Get notified when I UPLOAD A BLOG POST!*
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
STAMPIN’ UP! LIVE ONLINE CLASSES
WATCH THE TUTORIAL VIDEO
(Or scroll down for instructions)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Many Messages Birthday Card
Cutting your paper:
- Cut a side folding A2 size card from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- You will need 6 pieces of Designer Series Paper. I used Dandy Garden & Playing with Patterns.
Die Cutting & Embossing & Stamping:
- Cut out 6 circles with the 2nd smallest circle die from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Emboss your card front with any embossing folder. I used the Scripty 3D & Tasteful Textiles.
- Emboss the sentiments of your choice from the Many Messages Stamp Set with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Then cut them out with the Messages Dies. Consider picking up the Many Messages Bundle to save 10%. (It’s available for purchase on Jan 4th, 2021)
- Emboss the edges of all the circles with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Glue all the circles in place on the card front.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Using Glue Dots attach ribbon or twine that was tied in a bow. I used the Twine from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo and Forever Greenery Trim Combo.
- Add a Gold Hoop with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Apply dimensionals to the backs of the sentiments then arrange them on your card.
- Finally, add some Champagne Rhinestones, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, or the embellishment of your choice.
All supplies I link to can now be found here:
Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge for you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with new blog posts & videos.
Until I see you again,
Take Care & Happy Stamping! <3