Get spooky with this awesome Wicked Cat Halloween Card! From layering your dies, embossing spiderwebs on vellum, splatter, and a spooky kitty, this tutorial is packed with tips & tricks to make your Stampin Up Halloween Cards POP!
Wicked Cat Halloween Card
I used the retired “Wicked Die” to create the first of many Stampin Up Halloween Cards. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. Do you celebrate Halloween? Do you make cards to send to friends and family? For me, I feel like I have more card ideas than I have time for! That’s for sure! lol
(Or scroll down for instructions)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
Wicked Cat Halloween Card
Cutting your paper:
- In the video tutorial (above) I made 2 cards. These instructions are to make ONE card. If you are making more than one card, adjust the instructions accordingly.
- Cut a side folding A2 size cards from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- You will need 3 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock (5-3/8 X 4-1/8) 1 piece is for the card fronts and the other one is for the card insert. And an extra scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock to stamp the cat and sentiment.
- Pull out some scraps large enough to die cut the “Wicked Die”. Cut the die once on each of the following; Whisper White, Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty Peacock, and Blackberry Bliss.
- Lastly, you will need 1 piece of Stampin’ Up! Vellum cut to half the size of the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder. (About 6″ X 3″ inches)
Die Cutting and Layering your dies:
- Start by die cutting out all the colors needed for the word Wicked. (Mentioned above) Sorry! This die was in the Clearance Rack, but it seems to be completely sold out now.
- The white word is your base. I chose white as my card front is white. If your card front is not white you can start with a base the same color as your card front.
- Being very precise cut 2 letters out the black and one letter out of the remaining colors. These will all be glued to your white base.
- Since you have your Cutting/Embossing machine out. Emboss the right side of the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder. Be sure to emboss the 2 full cobwebs. You will fussy cut out each cobweb. There is one that will be at the top and one that is closer to the bottom.
- Once you have assembled the word “Wicked” you will want to use your Versamark and apply it directly to the top of the word. Cover it with ink completely. Then apply some Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set it with your Heat Tool. Do this process 2 times to ensure nice even coverage and make the word pop!
- Then stamp the Cat from the Ghoulish Goodies Stamp Set. Also with Versamark, except this time heat emboss it with Black Embossing Powder.
Stamping, Coloring & Splattering:
- Place the “The Most Spooktacular Time Of The Year” Sentiment from the Ghoulish Goodies Stamp Set in your Stamparatus. Then using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker color the last line of the sentiment only. “Time Of The Year” Then you will only get the part of the sentiment you desire. Once you have this stamped, cut out the sentiment so it’s a very thin strip. Flag the right side if you like. Glue your cat to the back of this sentiment strip.
- I colored in the cats eyes and tag with Light Mango Melody. Her nose with Light Smoky Slate and the collar with Dark Highland Heather.
- Place one of the cobwebs on the top left-hand corner of your card front. I used the one that had 2 straight edges. (the other only had one straight edge so I used it inside the card) Do not glue it down, just place it to get an idea where you want the “Wicked” to sit. Once you have the position, stamp the Spider about 1-1/2″ inches below the 2nd lower point of the W. When your card is finished you can connect the spider to the W with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and a ruler.
- For the splatter, pick up some Memento Ink (I put some from the refill bottle on an acrylic block) with a 0 Paint Brush. Then I tapped the paintbrush on a Bone Bolder to create a splatter on the card front and insert.
- Stamp the image of choice on the card insert using Memento Ink.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- Adhere the card front to the card base and the card insert to the inside of your card. Then adhere your cobwebs. If you used Stampin’ Up! Vellum the Multipurpose Liquid Glue will not show through as long as you use it sparingly. You can use the same glue to adhere the “Wicked” sentiment.
- The Irredescent Pearls look really nice on this card. But I like a variation in size for my embellishments. So I colored some Rhinestone Basic Jewels with the Dark Highland Heather Blends Marker. It won’t smudge or rub off. Place them in places that please you.
- Voila! You’re all done! Who are you sending it to?
Have you heard about the LIVE Stampin’ Up! Online Classes?
Don’t miss out on LIVE one-on-one time with me and my class assistant.
Live classes with step-by-step instructions. Ask questions!
Get the answers and help you need IN CLASS!
Please use this Host Code if your Stampin’ Up! order does not exceed $199.99
(Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
DISCLAIMER: Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!
**Some Non-Stampin’ Up! supplies you may see me use I cannot provide links to due to conflicts of Stampin’ Up! carrying a similar item. I will mark these items with 2 asterisks if they appeared on my blog.
Until I see you again,
Happy Stamping! <3