Fall is in the air and these adorable paper pumpkin decorations are a perfect fall paper décor project. Display these pumpkins in your favorite colors of Designer Series Paper, use them for festive table decorations, or use Christmas colors to make Christmas balls for your tree! Whatever you decide I’m sure you are going to lvoe these Festive Paper Pumpkin Decorations.
Festive Paper Pumpkin Decorations
I saw a few paper pumpkins online, I believe the first one I saw that stuck with me was on Pinterest, but for the life of me I can’t find it again. I had to wing this from memory. But, I loved the concept of the paper strips, sentiment, curly paper and leaves to top the pumpkins. I stocked up on the Gilded Autumn DSP too so I could make more of these if I wanted. Today I made 4 and you may be surprised how easy they are. They really don’t even use up a lot of paper either which I loved.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY INKIE FINGERS BLOG
(Subscribe to Blog Posts & Newsletters. Your email will NEVER be shared)
(Or scroll down for Instructions)
Festive Paper Pumpkin Decorations
Cutting your paper:
- I used 4 different patterns from the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper but you can use ANY Designer Series Paper you like.
- Cut 12 strips for each pumpkin (3 of each pattern). The strips will measure 1 X 7. If you cut 12 strips from each of the 4 different patterns of Designer Series Paper you will be able to make 4 pumpkins.
- Places your DSP into 4 piles. You piles should have 12 strips, 3 of each pattern. Be sure to space out your DSP patterns in the way you want them to appear when creating your pumpkin.
- With the leftover pieces of DSP cut out 4 strips for your “curly cue’s” that will adorn the top of your pumpkin. 12′ X 1/4″. Then cut each of those strips in half. You will end up with 8 pieces of 1/4″ X 6″ strips.
Putting together your pumpkins:
- The best thing to do here is to watch the video. I put them together at timestamp 2:15. It’s honestly better to watch rather than have me try to explain in text.
Stamping & Die Cutting:
- Stamp the “Season of Thanks” & “Gather Together” sentiments from the Gather Together Stamp Set on Very Vanilla Cardstock twice for each sentiment.
- Using the 3rd largest die from the Layering Circles Dies (it will fit perfectly over both sentiments) die cut all 4 sentiments.
- Use the next largest die (4th one up) and die cut 4 pieces of the Brushed Metallic Cardstock to glue behind each of the stamped sentiments
- Die-cut 8 leaves from the beige DSP in the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper pack with the large leaf from the Gathered Leaves Dies. It’s very muted and has a faint splatter on it. Or use the pattern of your choice. Gently crinkle each leaf then using a Sponge Dauber to apply Soft Suede Ink to the edges and where the folds appear.
- With the same dauber apply some Soft Suede Ink to the edges of the sentiments you die-cut.
- Lastly, using an Ink Spot, Ink Pad, or the Sponge Dauber, apply Soft Suede Ink to the edges of the 6″ X 1/4″ strips. Once you have inked your strips, use some very sharp scissors (like snips) to curl your strips as you would curl ribbon for gift wrapping. Be sure to only attempt to curl the DSP 2 or 3 times as if you do it too many times the DSP will want to separate.
- Lastly, I used some Braided Linen Trim and curled it with a Bone Folder.
Assembly & Final Touches:
- By now you have your pumpkins assembled. Now it’s time to add all the garnishments.
- Using a liberal amount of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue adhere the leaves, curly cue’s, and trim.
- A couple of dimensionals will help place the sentiments perfectly. I suggest embellishing the sentiments before you place them on the pumpkins.
Have you heard about the LIVE Stampin’ Up! Online Classes?
Don’t miss out on LIVE one-on-one time with me and my class assistant.
Live classes with step-by-step instructions. Ask questions!
Get the answers and help you need IN CLASS!
Please use this Host Code if your order does not exceed $199.99 (Before Tax & Shipping)
This helps support my business so I can replenish supplies and continue posting on my Blog and making YouTube Videos.
💗 I appreciate your business and support very much! 💗
DISCLAIMER: Non-Stampin’ Up! links included in this description may be affiliate links. I try to post universal links when possible. However, at times I can only find some items in Canada. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I might receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting My Inkie Fingers so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!
**Some Non-Stampin’ Up! supplies you may see me use I cannot provide links to due to conflicts of Stampin’ Up! carrying a similar item. I will mark these items with 2 asterisks if they appeared on my blog.